[torontocbm] Re: Amiga LCD Monitor

  • From: "Ken Rath" <kenrath@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:12:08 -0500

Thanks Steve! :)

Ken
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steve Gray
  To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 4:01 PM
  Subject: [torontocbm] Re: Amiga LCD Monitor

  Ken,

  Yes, the label is the only difference on the computer that I can see. Of
course, the box had all the extra olympic tie-in stuff.

  No, I don't have the fabled two drive DX-64... this was a modification I did
a few years back. You can read about it on my project page:
  http://www.6502.org/users/sjgray/myprojects.html
  AFAIK, Commodore never marketed the DX although I understand a few prototypes
escaped. I did exhaustive browsing to find more info about it but could only
find a small reference on the Secret Weapons of Commodore site
(http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ckb/secret/). One other thing I did find is
a line art drawing of the DX on none other than the "Executive 64" product
procure I collected at a World of Commodore show long ago, which I scanned and
can be seen here:
  http://www.6502.org/users/sjgray/computer/brochures/index.html
  (notice the "DX" on the back of the keyboard).

  Steve