[torontocbm] Re: Amiga LCD Monitor

  • From: Steve Gray <sjgray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:01:41 -0800 (PST)

Ken,

Yes, the label is the only difference on the computer that I can see. Of
course, the box had all the extra olympic tie-in stuff.

No, I don't have the fabled two drive DX-64... this was a modification I did a
few years back. You can read about it on my project page:
http://www.6502.org/users/sjgray/myprojects.html
AFAIK, Commodore never marketed the DX although I understand a few prototypes
escaped. I did exhaustive browsing to find more info about it but could only
find a small reference on the Secret Weapons of Commodore site
(http://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/ckb/secret/). One other thing I did find is
a line art drawing of the DX on none other than the "Executive 64" product
procure I collected at a World of Commodore show long ago, which I scanned and
can be seen here:
http://www.6502.org/users/sjgray/computer/brochures/index.html
(notice the "DX" on the back of the keyboard).

Steve

the Plus/4 today.  I took a look at some of the photos you have of your
CBM/Amiga collection.  Very nice.  :)

>I didn't know that the Canadian models of the
Plus/4 used +/4k on the label instead of Plus/4.  I guess the one that I
owned (some years ago) was one from the USA.

>Also, I was wondering...The picture of your SX-64
shows 2 floppy drives.  Did you modify that one yourself or is that "as
original"?  I recall them announcing a dual-floppy version of the SX-64 at
the time but thought they had decided against it.