[tn-moths] Re: I.D. Request

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 18:05:07 -0400

Rich,

Good feedback. I'm still scratching my head over these two.

Thanks

Larry McDaniel

From: Rdhealy1951@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:45:27 -0400
Subject: [tn-moths] Re: I.D. Request
To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Larry the only three Pyreferra genus reported in Kentucky are 9929
P.hesperidago, 9930 P.citrombra and 9932 P.pettiti all considered uncommon, yet
I have only collected P. pettiti every year at this tine of the year. I find
this moth fairly common. I doubt you if have P.hesperidago since they are not
as reddish as the other two which are very difficult to tell apart. Mounted
specimens are much easier to identify.
The Pseudexentera my guess would be 3246 P.cressoniana or 3241 P.spoliana.
Rich
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850552/direct/01/