[tn-moths] Re: ID Request

  • From: klight10@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 22:09:41 +0000 (UTC)

I had a hard time ID'ing that one too, Larry. Maybe Rich or someone else can
help with it.

I've been seeing several kinds of caterpillars over the past week - Monarch,
Viceroy, Snowberry Clearwing Moths, and Milkweed Tussock Moths. I have them in
"critter cages" to show some of my students on Monday. I'm sure the Monarch
will be in a chrysalis by then. It will be interesting to see how the others
do. The milkweed moth died. I need to read what the Snowberry Clearwing
caterpillars do, if they overwinter as a cocoon or what the last generation of
the year does. I'll pass on any information I come across.

Kris Light

Oak Ridge