[tn-moths] Re: FOY for Cocke Co

  • From: Hugh McGuinness <hmcguinness@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 15:57:56 -0400

Hi Jean,

Yes, I think this is also Acronicta dactylina, but I could be convinced
otherwise--these Acronicta a very tough, especially from photos. It is not
grisea, which is dark gray, has a strong basal dash and a good anal dash, an
orbicular spot that is nearly obsolescent and a dark pm line. If you kept
the specimen, you can check the hindwing, which should be whitish in
dactylina.

Hugh

--
Hugh McGuinness