[tn-moths] December moths

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ncsc-moths <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 07:08:00 -0500

I have had several species of moths at my porch light in Washington County, TN
in early December, including these three.

I'm pretty sure the first one is Leucania linda - Linda Wainscot -
Hodges#10445. 12-6-11.
I think the second one may be Sericaglaea signata - Variable Sallow -
Hodges#9941. 12-5-11.
The third is a Pterophoridae - Plume Moth, likely a Morning Glory. 12-5-11.

I'm also still getting Erannis tiliaria - Linden Looper - Hodges#6665
and Sunira bicolorago - Bicolored Sallow - Hodges#9957.

Larry McDaniel
Jonesborough, TN