[tn-moths] Anderson Co. moths

  • From: klight10@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-moths-bounce TN Moth Group <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 00:40:25 +0000 (UTC)

It has been nice to get back to "mothing" each evening! :) I keep wondering
what I missed while we were gone, it seems like there is a whole new batch of
moths appearing now. Here is what I got over the weekend:

#2786 Olethreutes punctanum 9-5-10

Definite Tussock Moth #8314 Orgyia definita 9-5-10

Dimorphic Bomolocha #8443 Hypena bijugalis 9-5-10

Gold Moth #9781 Basilodes pepita 9-5-10

Thin-winged Owlet Moth #8440 Nigetia formosalis 9-5-10

There were lots of Definite Tussock Moths on Sunday night and then I didn't see
a single one on Mon. night. I'm seeing a LOT of One-spotted Variable moths too,
I can see where they get their name, they really are variable!

If any of you live in the Tri-Cities area, I'm going to be giving my "Birds and
Bees of Wildflowers" presentation (about plant pollination strategies) at the
Fall Roan Mountain Naturalist Rally on Sat. evening at 7:30 p.m. at Roan
Mountain SP. I'd love to meet you! I'll bring a sheet and black light to add to
the one Larry is bringing, we should see some nice moths after the program!

Well, it is time to go out and turn on the light!

Kris