[tn-dragonflies] Re: Scott County odes

  • From: Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 18:11:54 -0400

Nice sample. I would trade some sharp photos for a little more diversity,
haha. I've been worried about those Sable Clubtails and the possibility of
confusing one with the Cherokee Clubtail. Trying to get photos of the face
of those I've been calling Cherokee Clubtails and so far that
charactertistic (one line vs two) and others check out for Cherokee. Have
not yet encountered a Sable, but I'm on the lookout. Looking forward to
dragonfly day again this year.

Rick

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 5:21 PM, richard connors <didymops07@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Big South Fork area, Scott Co. TN

Larry Everett and I were in the Big South Fork river area last week &
found some interesting things, some not so easy to identify correctly.
Yellow-sided Skimmer female we called a Golden-winged skimmer at first; and
a small clubtail we finally keyed it out to Sable Clubtail. And other odes
on the river, some not close enough to get good looks at or shots of, but I
decided from studying photo enlargements: Splendid Clubtail and Green-faced
Clubtails.
I put a few photos here:
http://www.pbase.com/rconnorsnaturephoto/big_south_fork_
These photos not as sharp as Rick's (!), but will have to do for now, for
id and possible documentation purposes.

List from 5/30/15:
Appalachian Jewelwing
Ebony Jewelwing