[tn-dragonflies] Scott County odes

  • From: richard connors <didymops07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 16:21:50 -0500

Big South Fork area, Scott Co. TN

Larry Everett and I were in the Big South Fork river area last week & found
some interesting things, some not so easy to identify correctly.
Yellow-sided Skimmer female we called a Golden-winged skimmer at first; and
a small clubtail we finally keyed it out to Sable Clubtail. And other odes
on the river, some not close enough to get good looks at or shots of, but I
decided from studying photo enlargements: Splendid Clubtail and Green-faced
Clubtails.
I put a few photos here:
http://www.pbase.com/rconnorsnaturephoto/big_south_fork_
These photos not as sharp as Rick's (!), but will have to do for now, for
id and possible documentation purposes.

List from 5/30/15:
Appalachian Jewelwing
Ebony Jewelwing