[tn-dragonflies] Knox County dragon has been identified

  • From: Avian Pursuits Nature Tours <naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:23:00 -0700 (PDT)

Early this month I posted links to 2 photos of a dragonfly that was
photographed at Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge in Knox County. It was a female
clubtail, but we weren't certain of what species. It has since been identified
as a COBRA CLUBTAIL. Two individuals identified it, one on Bugguide.net and the
other at flickr.com.
If accepted at OdonataCentral, this will be a new Knox County record.

The photos can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/avian_pursuits/4655924470/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/avian_pursuits/4655305317/
 David Trently