[TN-Butterflies] providing first of year reports and new county records for bamona

  • From: Stephen Stedman <SStedman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 11:10:47 -0600

I originally suggested the creation of this listserv so that the emails
that were coming to me alone about first of year (FOY) sightings and
county records (for BAMONA) and that I then summarized and redistributed
would simply go to the members on the list (and I would pick up whatever
I needed in the process).  This will mean that folks will get a lot of
email, especially as the butterfly season gets intense.  I do not know
if this will cause a hardship for folks on the list or not.

Please reply to me

sstedman@xxxxxxxxxx

about how you would like to see FOY sightings handled and about how you
would like to see county records for BAMONA handled, and I will do my
best to accommodate.  Being somewhat burdened with other tasks (and that
job that pays the bills), I had wanted to find a way to get FOY data and
county record data without the time-consuming task of synthesizing all
the records for a week or a month, and I would still prefer that if at
all possible.

Anyway, drop a line if you plan to be part of the group that submits FOY
sightings and/or county record sightings and let me k now your thoughts.

Thanks, Steve Stedman

Cookeville (Putnam County)

Note: emails with lots of photos attached tend to cause emailboxes to
fill up fast, so we should probably all be judicious about communicating
in that way.  There are lots of free places to post photos if there is a
need to make them available. Steve