[TN-Butterflies] Re: bamona website updated with 2010 butterfly records

  • From: "Steve Stedman" <birdsongteam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>, "TN Butterflies" <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:11:39 -0500

The exact process by which records will be reviewed once the new BAMONA
record-submission program goes into effect has not been made completely clear
(to me at least), but I got the impression that state coordinators would still
be the ones to initially review butterfly and moth records (although the way I
recall the process being described, the possibility was left open that either
the moth or the butterfly coordinator might review either kind of record; not
entirely sure of that).

When the new system is close to being operational, now predicted to be in
September sometime, the review process ought to become more clear.  If there
are still state coordinators, their job will be a lot less time-consuming than
the job has been for the past 3.5 years.

Hmmm, maybe I should hang on another year under the new system and enjoy the
decreased time requirements?  Will have to reconsider my plan to opt out after
this year.  Thanks, Ken, for recalling this matter to my attention and possibly
changing my plans for 2011.

Steve Stedman
Cookeville (Putnam County)