[TN-Butterflies] Re: bamona website updated with 2010 butterfly records

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:27:49 EDT

A GEAT BIG THANK YOU to Steve Stedman for handling all this butterfly
information! No small task keeping up with it. And we owe our thanks to others,

locals like Doug Bruce, and the folks at BAMONA. Interest in butterflying,
butterfly listing and nature listing in general has grown and does get to
be a record-keeping chore. The fun part for most of us is still getting out
in  the field and finding new and interesting critters. No one should be
stuck  behind a computer for too long! Hopefully next year someone will step
in (I'm not volunteering) to keep our butterfly records flowing.
Thanks again Steve!

Richard Connors
Nashville

In a message dated 6/29/2010 8:15:09 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
birdsongteam@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Last week I spent about 15-20 hours going through  the new county butterfly
records that have accumulated since I last submitted  such data to the
BAMONA website.  In all, I came up with about 200 new  county records,
processed
them all, and submitted them.

I am happy to report that the BAMONA website now  reflects all of these new
county records, so have a look when you have a  chance.

During the course of reviewing all the records  that came in during the
first six months of the year, I discovered some  records that could not be
fully processed, as the photos needed expert review,  or some necessary piece
of
data was missing, etc.  So there are still  probably about two dozen
records that have been subitted that are not yet  reflected at the BAMONA
website.
 I hope that the folks who submitted  these records will work with me to
get them into the system.

It was extremely helpful of Kelly Lotts, Paul  Opler, and others at BAMONA
to take a break from revising the website in order  to process 2010 TN
butterfly submissions.  To keep from burdening  them any more than is
necessary,
I won't be submitting more records to BAMONA  until early September.

So please keep sending your records to me,  and they will eventually be
processed and submitted.

I have a strong feeling that all the records of  Spring Azure that I
received or heard about for 2010 were not in the recent  batch I sent to
BAMONA.
If you sent in such records, please review the  map for that species, or the
list of 'flies for your county, and let me know  if I missed such a record.

It has been one of the great pleasures of my  early old age to be involved
in the effort to map the distribution of  butterflies in TN at the BAMONA
website.  However, after having processed  several thousand new county
butterfly records, I am about ready to hand  this wonderful chore over to a new
butterfly coordinator.  If you have  interest in assuming this position in
2011, please let me know.

Steve Stedman
Cookeville (Putnam  County)