[TN-Butterflies] Washington County update, foy's, bamona's

  • From: dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: mebc-butterfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 21:22:35 -0400

I'm catching up with my record keeping.  Here are some butterfly sightings from
Cherokee Rd., Washington County, TN, including some first-of-year and BAMONA
county record submissions.  Pay attention to the year in the first date, sorry
for the delay.  Photos for the BAMONA submissions can be viewed on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29042793@N03/sets/72157624246808079/

11 JUL 09
Hayhurst's Scallopwing - BAMONA
Southern Broken-Dash - BAMONA

30 APR 10
Black Swallowtail - FOY (D. Draper)

12 MAY 10
Great Spangled Fritillary - FOY (D. Draper)

24 MAY 10
Hackberry Emperor - FOY

10 JUN 10
Striped Hairstreak - FOY
Banded Hairstreak - FOY

11 JUN 10
Least Skipper
Little Glassywing - FOY
Gray Hairstreak - FOY
Eastern Tailed-Blue
Great Spangled Fritillary
Hackberry Emperor
Little Wood Satyr

17 JUN 10
Common Wood Nymph - FOY

22 JUN 10
Striped Hairstreak - BAMONA photo. by D. Draper

23 JUN 10
Pipevine Swallowtail - late FOY (D. Draper)

Don Holt
Johnson City, TN