[TN-Butterflies] Re: Thanksgiving Butterflies

  • From: Rikki Hall <sourpersimmon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 18:42:12 -0500

I had a gulf fritillary emerge last Thursday from a chrysalis on a
houseplant that had been brought in from the patio the prior weekend, and I
saw a pair mating in early November. Clearly no one has told them they are
no longer in the gulf and can not reproduce year-round. They made a pretty
substantial northern excursion this year, or so it seemed to me.

Rikki Hall
Knoxville, TN