[TN-Butterflies] Thanksgiving Butterflies

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:57:00 -0800 (PST)

There are still a few of the nectaring species hanging around. In the last 10
minutes I've seen 3 Clouded Skippers, 1 Sachem, 1 Cloudless Sulphur and the
biggest surprise was a Gulf Fritillary. The only wildflower species blooming
here is Henbit which is where I found the Skippers. I still have plenty of
Petunias but nothing seems to want them today.

I also saw what I think was a Red Admiral on some mud in one of the pastures
but I didn't get a good look at it.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County