[TN-Butterflies] Soddy-Daisy, TN butterfly count this Saturday

  • From: "Bill Haley" <wgh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:31:14 -0400

Hello all;

This Saturday, June 26, will be the 14th annual Soddy-Daisy, TN
butterfly count. Center of the count circle is Soddy Lake Roadside Park.
We'll meet there at 9:30am Eastern, have a very short Tennessee Valley
NABA chapter meeting, then get out and count butterflies. Bring
binoculars, hat, sunscreen, something to drink (bring plenty!) a snack
and dress for the weather (very hot!). I should have some extra water if
anyone needs it. As always there is a $3 fee for all participants, which
goes to NABA. It is an all-day count. If the heat or your schedule don't
allow that time commitment, you may join us for a couple of hours.
Everyone is invited. You do not have to be an identification expert to
help. It is always good to have extra sets of eyes on a count! If you
plan to join us, please contact me beforehand if you have questions
about directions, etc. My e-mail address is wgh@xxxxxxxxxx, cell # is
(423) 326-9248, home phone (423) 756-4106. I'll be off work tomorrow and
Friday, but will check my e-mails before Saturday morning. If you wish
to cover part of the count circle as a separate team, please let me know
before Saturday and we'll talk about what areas you could cover.

Bill Haley

President, Tennessee Valley NABA