[TN-Butterflies] Moths

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:04:00 -0800 (PST)

I thought I'd post this to try and convince some of you die-hard butterfliers
to come over to the dark side of Leps. 2 nights ago my yard list of identified
moth species reached 1000. The majority of these were seen on or near my
light/sheet setup which means I didn't have to leave my back porch to find
them. Since it's done at night, it doesn't interfere with butterflying or
birding and it can be done all year long. I'm already at 41 identified species
for 2013!

There's a tn-moths listserv and for those of you on Facebook there's a Mothing
and Moth-watching group.

#1000 was the Red-winged Sallow shown in the attached pic.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://tinyurl.com/FinishFlagFarmsMoths