[TN-Butterflies] Re: Fentress Co. Meadow Frit. BAMONA

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: mlbierly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 08:42:38 EDT

Please see attached photo of Meadow Frit. from Fentress County.
As Ken mentioned, record photos are not always perfect specimens, as this
one is quite tattered but id-able. You'd be better off viewing photos on the
 field guides, or web sites, for illustrations. I felt okay with the id of
this  one. I'm never sure if there is interest in photos. Sometimes I'm most
 interested in the sightings reports and don't always look at attached
photos  myself.

Richard C
Nashville

In a message dated 10/6/2010 9:12:15 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
mlbierly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

just don't understand why the whole group  cannot see the photos. I have
never seen a Meadow Fritillary. Others may have  not also. This is all this
site has become, send to Steve Stedman. Even Ken  Childs who is the
administrator of this site is doing this. I haven't seen a  Common Wood-Nymph.
This is
not right. The stated purpose of this site is,  "...A place to share
sightings, photography, questions, stories,  etc." Photos whether rare or
common
should be enjoyed by the whole group.  Records photos must be available to
all to review at any time, NOT one person.  That is just science.

Michael Lee Bierly, Nashville, Davidson  County, TN.

JPEG image