From: Rita Venable <ritavenable@xxxxxxxxx>
To: kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, October 7, 2010 9:17:18 PM
Subject: [TN-Butterflies] Re: Fentress Co. Meadow Frit. BAMONA

I've been sending my photos as attachments, but will stop if it uses up space
in
the Archives. I guess I was sending attachments because I don't have a website
where mine can be viewed. I usually shoot in high res, so to post them online
(so it doesn't take forever to load them), I have to downsize them
considerably,
which takes too much time unless see something unusual, funny, etc. Then I
watermark everything I put online, which takes more time.

I just read people's posts mainly. If I see a species on there that I would
really like to see for myself, I don't really need a photo, but date, time and
location. If I know that the species is flying, I can look for it myself in the
field.

I think it is an individual choice if someone wants to send their photos just
the BAMONA administrator for verification of a county record or to the TN-Butt
group as a whole. Some may feel that they are new to butterflying and don't
want
their opinions scrutinized as to what the species is.  BAMONA and
TN-Butterflies
are really two separate entities with overlapping interests.

I actually have learned quite a few good tips on here. I hope those who are
comfortable with sharing photos and expertise will continue to take time to do
so. I like hearing the news and seeing field trip reports about who is seeing
what and where. I will do the same if I think it is something of interest to
others.

Rita Venable, Franklin, TN
Williamson Co.

Michael,