[TN-Butterflies] FOY Greene County

  • From: Alice Loftin / Don Miller <pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 23:02:05 -0400 (EDT)

August 9, 2009

Participating in the annual Greene County butterfly count today, I recorded
nine personal FOY species for the county:

Harvester

Northern Pearly-eye

Hoary Edge

Southern Cloudywing

Crossline Skipper

Northern Broken-Dash

Little Glassywing

Delaware Skipper

Lace-winged Roadside-Skipper

Today was probably the hottest day of the year so far in Greene County, which
made for good butterflying. The party I was in tallied 42 species. Results from
other participants are not yet in, but I anticipate a pretty high species
total. Individual numbers in my party were, for the most part, way down--in
line with the general poor showing for butterflies in the county in this very
wet summer.

Previous species tallies on this count are as follows:

2004--50

2005--52

2006--50

2007--48