[TN-Butterflies] FOY Greene County

  • From: Alice Loftin / Don Miller <pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 22:55:19 -0400 (EDT)

May 30, 2009

Due to a combination of my personal schedule and overcast and/or rainy weather
this spring, I have had little significant butterfly time in Greene County
until today. Finally getting out into some good habitats at the right time of
day, I recorded a number of FOY species for the county:

Spicebush Swallowtail
Cloudless Sulphur
American Snout
Question Mark
Hackberry Emperor
Gemmed Satyr
Carolina Satyr
Northern Cloudywing (distinguished by dark face, dark on bend of antennal
clubs, reduced white markings, moderately offset spot at end of forewing line;
also, habitat where viewed more appropriate for Northern than Confused)
Juvenal's Duskywing
Least Skipper
Zabulon Skipper

Don Miller