[TN-Butterflies] Re: Dickson Co.11/8 & id help

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:11:20 -0500 (EST)

Looks like the consensus on my mystery skipper is Swarthy, I'll go with
that.
Thanks All

On the Buck Moth: I did make an attempt to net one, as an after  thought
late in the day, but with no luck, they had about quit flying. But I did  see
one land and got a good binoc view (evidently they perch with wings  open,
unlike most of the underwing moths).

Richard C

In a message dated 11/9/2011 8:29:23 P.M. Central Standard Time,
blountbirder@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Richard,
As the year wears on,  so do skipper’s wings, much to our consternation!
However, I think I would  stick with my initial impression and that is of a
Swarthy  Skipper.
Tom