[TN-Butterflies] Re: Coral Hairstreaks

  • From: Avian Pursuits Nature Tours <naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:03:10 -0700 (PDT)

I saw two Coral Hairstreaks last weekend and both were in good condition (Moore
County). Haven't seen any like the 'beauty' in Ken's photo :-)
Could it be that Corals first appeared in the area(s) where Julius found them,
and so were already older? If I get time, or someone else can do it, I'll look
at the FOY info about them  and see if there's a pattern on the map.
 David Trently
Avian Pursuits Nature Tours
...come see the real world!
Knoxville, TN