[TN-Butterflies] Clifton Bend Spring Count

  • From: Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bkormobile@xxxxxxxxx>, Bob Ford <robert_p_ford@xxxxxxx>, Jim Johnson <bubo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Donna Ward <wardd9@xxxxxxxxx>, Kris Branum <krispy96907@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Mary Baker <marybaker476@xxxxxxxxx>, Cameron Frechette <clfrechette@xxxxxxx>, Scott Brown <scottbrownphd@xxxxxxxxx>, <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:37:27 -0500

My first count of the season, Clifton Bend spring, will be held on April 7
starting at 9:30 AM CDT.  We will meet at the Carroll Cabin Barrens State
Natural Area Parking lot (see
http://www.tn.gov/environment/na/natareas/carrollcabin/ for map and directions)
and search the barrens in the morning.  We will have lunch at a sandwich shop
in Clifton and continue our counting at Prettyview Estates and other locations
nearby.  Highlight species we hope to count are Cobweb Skipper, Dusted Skipper,
and three Callophrys species (Juniper Hairstreak, Henry's Elfin, and Eastern
Pine Elfin).  As always, there is a $3 participation fee and we must have at
least 4 observers for a seasonal count, so please let me know if you plan to
attend if you haven't already.  This will be a one-shot deal, no rescheduling
due to bad weather.  Hope to see you on the 7th. Bart JonesMemphis, Shelby
County