[TN-Butterflies] Caterpillar Identification

  • From: Harold Howell <howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 17:47:49 -0400

All,

I have tried to identify this caterpillar using the Internet guides.
Unfortunately Bug Guide will not load for some reason.  As close as I can
get is Eacles Imperialis, Imperial Moth.  Evidently the color can be green
or orange, but everything else looks right.  If I have the riche
identification it would be a new record for Grainger county.  Can anyone
comment on this identification?

I made this photo today, 4 September 2009, on my property at 386 Burkhart
Road, Rutledge, Grainger County TN.

Best regards,

Harold Howell
Grainger County, TN