[TN-Butterflies] A summer full of Checkered-Skippers?

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 07:45:34 -0700 (PDT)

While feeding the horses this morning I saw another Checkered-Skipper in one of
the pastures so I took a look around and saw a total of 6 in a relatively small
area. The Prickly Mallow is up early this year but it's only 3 inches tall and
there aren't any blooms. This doesn't seem to matter to the butterflies because
all of their activity is around these plants. I'm wondering if we're going to
see good numbers of them all summer long?

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://tinyurl.com/FinishFlagFarmsMoths