[tn-bird] reminder, KTOS trip to Rankin

  • From: K Dean EDWARDS <kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:41:52 -0400 (EDT)

Just wanted to remind everyone about the upcoming KTOS trip
to Rankin WMA this Saturday (24 Aug).  We will be leaving at
noon from the Stokely Building on Cedar Bluff in Knoxville.
Details are given again below.

According to the TVA website, Douglas Lake is at 980.79 ft
as of 1pm today and is predicted to fall to 979.5 ft by
Saturday.  At that level, most of the water will be gone
and the lower roadbed should be exposed and muddy but
passable with a high-clearance 4-wheel drive vehicle.

Hope to see lots of folks there.  Ya never know what'll
turn up at Rankin.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN