[TN-Bird] Yard birds

  • From: Mark Greene <greenesnake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:29:51 -0800 (PST)

January 29, 2014
Mt. Orange community,
West of Trenton, Gibson County

I checked all the feeders and yard today at lunch at tallied most of the
regular winter yard species: N. Cardinal, White-throated Sparrow, White-crowned
Sparrow, Song Sparrow, Carolina Wren, N. Mockingbird, E. Bluebird, Dark-eyed
Junco, Mourning Dove, Blue Jay, House Finch, and American Goldfinch.

To my surprise I also had 6 Fox Sparrows in the back yard! My previous high for
the yard is 2! I also had a small flock of Cedar Waxwings (12) that I've been
seeing off and on all winter long. I've also had 3 Eurasian Collared-Doves
hanging around lately and there was one singing this afternoon when I came out.

Good birding,

Mark Greene
Trenton, TN
Gibson county