[TN-Bird] WARBLERS at Shelby Bottoms, Nashville, TN

  • From: fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:31:47 -0500 (CDT)

Shelby Bottoms
Davidson Co.
Nashville, TN

Since I had to take my wife to work this morning, I skipped Radnor Lake
and instead birded Shelby Bottoms with Phillip Casteel.  Along the
river trail we had a fleeting glimpse of a MOURNING WARBLER that was
mainly calling from the very thick underbrush on the opposite side of
the trail from the river near the large deck that looks out onto the
river.  We also had one singing CONNECTICUT WARBLER in very thick
underbrush farther along the trail.  After making its presence known for
several minutes, it went silent for a good 10 minutes, and we left
the area to the mosquitoes, CHATs, CEDAR WAXWINGs, and INDIGO BUNTINGs.

If you go looking, be sure to put on plenty of insect spray.

--
Frank Fekel
Tennessee State University