[TN-Bird] Sora, Bittern, and Bobolinks Oh My!

  • From: "wodu1440 tds.net" <wodu1440@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:54:09 -0500

Tennessee NWR
Duck River Unit
 Humphreys County
Pool 2, 3, and 6
04/24&25/12

Yesterday recorded 18 sora in Pools 2 & 3 along the Blue Goose Blvd Auto
Tour Loop.  About 2/3rds of those were seen with the rest heard.  Also
observed four L. scaup and one female ringneck duck in Pool 3 and three
pintail in Pool 4.

Today had an American bittern in Pool 6 right off Lawrence Creek Rd in a
borrow ditch hole where a short levee rd is used to access some overgrown
farm fields.

Also picked up FOS bobolinks.  Two males were observed singing their hearts
out in a winter wheat field in Pool 10.

Between the refuge and New Johnsonville I had my FOS E. kingbird.

Clayton Ferrell