[tn-bird] Re: Shorebird Count - SW TN

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:14:25 EDT

Just a couple of clarifications on last nights late night post.

The Black-necked Stilt families with flying young were the birds that had
left not all the adults and the LB and SB Dowitchers that were studied were
adults. There are plenty of bright but worn adult Least Sandpipers around
that can be mistaken for juvenile birds but we looked at all of these and
again found only one young bird. I'd be interested in the numbers of Least
Sandpipers others are finding in there local spots. The numbers of
Semipalmated Sandpipers continue to grow. They are one smooth bird........I
can't wait to find my first immature Stilt Sandpiper for the season!

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL' COOT / TLBA
Bartlett Tenn.