[TN-Bird] Rails??

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 07:41:20 EDT

Sept. 27, 2003
East Ark
For those that keep asking about the rails and timing, hoping for another
fantastic year like Oct. 2000 when both Black and Yellow were seen in good
numbers.........

I spent about an hour looking over the rice fields and again I'm finding a
lot of harvesting going on but the fields are dry. I finally saw one Sora fly
from a ditch line. I also talked to Kenny Nichols and he reports the same
thing,
dry wheels = no rails.

There is still a lot of rice to harvest but I'd say they are over halfway
through. A good rain might help future trips to ferret out some good rails

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL'COOT / TLBA
Bartlett, TN