[TN-Bird] Piney River Hickman Co.

  • From: kim bailey <kimhbailey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 21:40:16 -0500

While floating the Piney River in Hickman County today, I had several
highlights:-a great view of a red-headed woodpecker calling- a huge mixed flock
of migrating birds heard from some distance away (I will NEVER again kayak
without binoculars!)-two Bald Eagles flying over, with one landing in a tree
and offering an extended view
Cliff SwallowGreat Blue HeronRed Headed WoodpeckerWhite-throated SparrowBald
EagleSummer Tanager, maleNorthern Parula (singing entire float!)White-eyed
VireoIndigo BuntingCommon YellowthroatYellow-throated WarblerPhoebeBlue
JayCarolina WrenHouse Sparrow
-Kim Bailey