[TN-Bird] PROBABLE VIRUS -- SUBSCRIBER BLACKLISTED

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 21:45:06 -0500

TN-Birders:  Do not open the vile with subject  Re1.  It is from
rschier461@xxxxxxx
who appears to have sent a virus-type file to our list.  To the best of our
knowledge,
this email address is not subscribed to TN-Birds but managed to either get in
post
the possible virus, and unsubscribe without leaving a trace.  This email
address has now been blacklisted from TN-Birds and hopefully cannot again access
the list from this address.  Do not open any suspicious files or poorly
structured
email subjects unless you know you are taking a chance on getting a virus from
such
a message.  Several of you are having much difficulty in either getting mail or
being
able to either make posts to the list or timely posts.  TN-Birds has had
significant
growth in recent months.  With that comes 'wildcat' post that do not meet
our standards for full names, locations, counties, etc.  Some or all of this
information
is to try and manage not only our list against problem post but to also make
the list
more useful to those who are searching archives, publishing records in the state
journal of ornithology and other needs.  Considerable attention is being placed
on
monitoring and managing these problems.

Wallace Coffey
Moderator TN-Birds Net