[TN-Bird] NTOS Field Trip Saturday 21 May 2011

  • From: Kevin Bowden <bnabirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 14:53:48 -0500

NTOS will sponsor a Field Trip to the Narrows of the Harpeth State Park in
Kingston Springs, Cheatham County, on Saturday 21 May.  The unique
topography of this area allows for views of canopy birds at almost eye
level.  We should expect to see and hear Northern Parulas, Yellow-throated
Warblers as well as riparian species such as Louisiana Waterthrush. We may
also catch a few late migrants. The path we take includes some uneven
terrain and a few steep inclines. Wear appropriate footwear and bring a
hiking pole if you would like.  Also be aware that some of the park?s
roadways and parking areas are still closed due to damage from last year?s
flood.
We will meet in the MTA Park and Ride in Bellevue at Hwy 70S at 7:00am and
carpool from there.  Once at the Narrows, we will park in the lot
immediately adjacent to the Harris-Street Bridge on Cedar Hill Road. Those
wishing to meet us there directly should plan to do so no later than 7:30am.
If time permits we may also bird the adjacent Gossett Tract State Natural
Area. This trip should last until mid day. Bring snacks and beverage.
Kevin Bowden
Linda Kelly
NTOS Field Trip Coordinators
Nashville, TN