[TN-Bird] NEW yard bird

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:04:20 EDT

Greetings from the Charlotte Park area of West Nashville (Davidson County)
just a few blocks east of the Cleece's Ferry boat ramp which is on the
Cumberland River.
Only moments ago, I looked out on my deck to find an adorable blue-grey
gnatcatcher flitting around the cosmos in my container garden.  It went all
through
those plants, then came really close at the basil plants, then across the
deck to part of the grape vine and, from there, over to the althea bush just
off
the deck.  It then flew to the hackberry tree behind the deck, and, just now,
came back to inspect the cosmos again.  The tiny little thing has really put
on a lively show for me for the past 15 minutes and has been within six feet of
me several times.

There have also been a couple of r-t hummers here today.

Cheers & prayers,

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN