[TN-Bird] Lark Sparrow in Davidson Co.

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:17:20 -0400 (EDT)

4-28-12
University School of Nashville wetland
Davidson Co.

There was one gorgeous Lark Sparrow this morning in the gravel parking lot
for the baseball field at the University School wetland.  It was right
across from the first wetland boardwalk you come to.  The wetland is  located
on County Hospital Rd. off of Briley Pkwy at exit 25.  Other birds  seen
there were Yellow Warbler, Palm Warbler, Prairie Warbler, Northern
Waterthrush,
C. Yellowthroat, Chat, Indigo Bunting, Song Sparrow, Red-winged
Blackbirds, and Orchard Oriole.

I also visited the Walter S. Davis Blvd. marsh and the Sora is still there
along with both yellowlegs, Solitary and Spotted sandpipers, Blue-winged
Teal,  Northern Waterthrush and Yellow Warbler.

When I returned home there was a Chat singing in my jungle of honeysuckle
in the backyard.  Glad I haven't cleaned that out yet.  Yard bird  #124.
Only 9 more eastern warblers to go.

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN