[TN-Bird] I D needed

  • From: "Mathis" <weer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 12:13:26 -0500

I apologize for imposing because this bird was not in Tennessee; however,  I’ve
learned that Tennessee birders are always good to respond.

Attached are three images of the same hawk taken this morning. Fortunately, he
turned around. Is it a Cooper’s or a Sharp-shinned?

Can you please refer to field markings so I can be a bit more educated?

Thanks so much,
Cecelia Mathis
Alleghany Co, NC