[tn-bird] Re: Hummers and Pishing

  • From: RubyThroat@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:22:42 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/02 8:15:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
sapsucker@xxxxxxx writes:

> From what I have seen most banders are conscientious and caring people, and
> often some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. As birders we
> disturb birds more than nonbirders, but no one disturbs birds more than
> banders.
>
> Sheb Marsh
> Paducah, KY

Sheb and Tennessee Birders
I certainly hope I fall into the narrow catagory that you have in the
sentence above.  While I do respect your opinion and your right to express
it, I absolutely disagree with your conclusions.  I must, with all due
respect,  assume that you do not have any idea of why bird banding is an
important bird conservation tool.

Meet me at LBL in August 3rd and I will discuss it with you at length.

God Bless.
Bob Sargent