[TN-Bird] Fwd: Unusual number of Arctic snowy owls seen in US

  • From: David Chaffin <davchaffin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 07:18:42 -0500 (EST)

 Thought those on the TN list might enjoy this short article that came from the
AR list. This prompted me to check the Avisys database for states that I had
seen this magnificent owl, and they included, in order of year seen:

IL-86,87,00
AK-92,02,06
SD-95
IN-00
MN-02
KY-02
PA-03
ME-05
NY-08
TN-09
IA-09
NJ-12
GA-13

I think that Benton Basham and I were the first ones NOT to see the Cross
Creeks bird that was around for several months.  Boy, did I kick myself for not
going earlier!

Guess we can all hope for another TN snowy to enjoy.

David Chaffin
Cleveland TN
Bradley Co