[TN-Bird] Fwd: Banded Peregrine at Greenbriar Pinnacle

  • From: Charlie <cmmbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: charlie@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 07:41:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- Keith_Watson@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I heard from Shawn Padgett, William and Mary, and he has said that
> three Peregrines were banded in 2003 with the color combination
present on the bird at Greenbriar Pinnacle.  Two were males and one
was female.
> The female was brought from Maryland to Harpers Ferry for
> foster/hacking.

> This doesn't mean that this female and the bird at Greenbriar are
> the same bird.   That can only be confirmed by alpha-numeric code
on left leg bands.
> For your information, the left leg bands are Black over Green and
> the alpha code (letter) on the Black band is B, laying on it's
back, and the letter on the Green band is Y, laying on it's side.  So
I guess it would look something like:

>       m  and >-
>

>  *******************************************
>  J. Keith Watson
>  Migratory Bird Biologist
>  Division of Migratory Birds
>  U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
>  160 Zillicoa Street, Suite D
>  Asheville, NC 28801
>

>  828-350-8228 OFFICE
>  828-258-5330 FAX
>  Keith_Watson@xxxxxxx
>

>  http://southeast.fws.gov/birds/npsbirds.htm
>

>  (Embedded image moved to file:
>  pic31060.gif)
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/gif name=pic31060.gif

=====
Charlie Muise, Naturalist near
Great Smoky Mountains National Park

"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of cancer."  -Edward Abbey