[TN-Bird] FURTHER INFO: Re: Birthday Book

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:30:56 -0500

ALL TN-Birders:

Linda King is a responsible teenage member of TN-Birds who has been on this
list for more than a year.  She has posted st 18 times to this list dating
back to September 2003.  Most of you will remember her posts about the Green
Heron nest near her home and her webpage with photos of young.  She lives at
Westmoreland, TN in Sumner County.

If you open the website for BirthdayAlarm it asks for you first and last
name, birthday and e-mail address. Anyone who goes to the  BirthdayAlarm
website and provides personal information does so at their own risk.
Neither TN-Birds, its owner the Tennessee Ornithological Society, nor it's
moderator accepts responsibility for any problems or annoyance you may
receive from providing the requested information.

The following is the PRIVACY STATMENT provided by BirthdayAlarm website :

"Service Management. We use your personal information to provide the
services you request. We use your personal information to: troubleshoot
problems; measure consumer interest in our services, inform you about
offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect
and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our
Terms of Use; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.

"You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our
marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our
content and product offerings, and customize the Site's content, layout, and
services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor it to meet your
needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized
experience while using the Site.

"You agree that we may use your personal information to contact you and
deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your
interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices,
product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of the Site. By
accepting the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, you expressly agree to
receive this information. You may make changes to your email notification
preferences at any time.

"Internal Service Providers for Our Operations. We may use third parties
that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource
one or more aspects of the business, product and service operations that we
provide to you (e.g., search technology, email support) and therefore we may
provide some of your personal information directly to these internal service
providers. These internal service providers' are subject to confidentiality
agreements with us and other legal restrictions that prohibit their use of
the information we provide them for any other purpose except to facilitate
the specific outsourced BirthdayAlarm related operation, unless you have
explicitly agreed or given your prior permission to them for additional
uses.

"In some instances, the internal service provider may collect information
directly from you (such as for BirthdayAlarm surveys). In these cases, you
will be notified of the involvement of the internal service provider, and
all additional information you provide them and their additional uses will
be strictly up to you. If you provide additional information to an internal
service provider directly, then their use of your personal information is
governed by their applicable privacy policy.

"Advertisers. We disclose non-personally identifiable aggregated (gather up
data across all member accounts) information to advertisers and other third
parties. An example of non-personally identifiable information would be 'the
number of members aged 20-30'.

"Law Enforcement. BirthdayAlarm cooperates with law enforcement inquiries,
as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual
property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you and the
BirthdayAlarm service. Therefore, in response to a genuine request by law
enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal
investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can disclose personal
information about you.Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access
transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your
personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we
use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise,
and you should not expect, that your personal information or private
communications will always remain private."

Let's go birding.....

Wallace Coffey
Moderator TN-Birds
Bristol, TN