[tlug] Re: Problems with Wine

  • From: Brandon Blackwell <brb023@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 12:57:17 -0600

You already have wine installed I know but is this the same game you were having trouble with getting to work correctly in virtualbox.

You do it the same way as when I walked you through how to use the iso downloader which john doc has already spelled out for you.

Brandon

John Doc wrote:
Edit:
sudo apt-get install wine
cd <directory of .exe>
wine <name>.exe

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 8:02 AM, John Doc <byonichero@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:byonichero@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    sudo apt-get install wine
    cd <directory or .exe>
    wine <name>.exe

    On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:24 AM, Adele Richards
    <richardsa.flute.08@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:richardsa.flute.08@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Yes. I tried it just now with terminal, and it says "bash: $:
        command not found".

        On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 2:00 AM, John Doc <byonichero@xxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:byonichero@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

            Are you in the folder of the .exe when you are trying to
            run it from the terminal?

            John Doc

            On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 1:34 AM, Adele Richards
            <richardsa.flute.08@xxxxxxxxx
            <mailto:richardsa.flute.08@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

                Hey guys, this is my first tech support question on
                the mailing list, but I'll get right to it. I have a
                game that I'm trying to install on my laptop using
                Wine, and yet when I try to open it (it is a .exe
                file) my computer freezes up. I tried using Terminal
                to open it by way of $ wine <filename.exe> but it
                tells me that it is an invalid command or something
                like that. What am I doing wrong, or how do I fix this?