[tinwhiskers] Re: The compliance with EU materials dictates and the precautionary principal

  • From: Rod <rod.dalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:34:15 +0100

On 23 Jun 2009, at 19:06, John Burke wrote:

In effect the result is a complete unknown as there is no math in the world that you can run the numbers on without making all of the assumptions about the outcome of the experiment - and if the outcome does not fit the math it
will be ways too late to go back over the numbers.

Like I said originally - what happened to the precautionary principal?

You sound like one of those who advised Columbus not to risk falling off the edge of the (flat) world. Come to think of it, if the same had been said of the wheel, we might have saved millions of deaths on the highways.

You do not need mathematical analysis. Every day there are countless cosmic rays striking the earth, which are far more powerful than the LHC. What the LHC brings is control, and number of similar events, so that they can be measured accurately. If powerful impacts caused black holes, we would have seen them over and over.

There have been legal challenges to the operation of the LHC, which has been assessed and dismissed in courts.

As I wrote: This discussion is off-topic, straying into areas in which you may not be competent, and threatens to undermine the credibility of the main tin-whiskers issue, in which I believe strongly.

regards,   Rod (FInstP)

rod.dalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx