[THIN] permissions

  • From: "SMREKAR, JACK" <SMREKAR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 06:43:57 -0500

I have a small question about the using a SAN (HP EVA 5000).  First I am not
sure it could be the new SAN but need to start somewhere.  Is it possible for
the SAN to have different effects on security settings if a person is using it
from within the district vs. using it from outside the district via Citrix.  We
are having users that are not able to get to either a drive they are mapping or
if they are able to get to the drive then they have issues with saving of
files, but those issues only happen if they use Citrix at home.  If they do the
same thing from a district machine then they have no problems accessing the
drives or saving the files.  I know that we have setup security on all the
files and drives and I will also be checking into that as an issue but this is
the first time we have had this issue from Citrix.  It could also be the server
itself (Citrix) as we did have troubles in the beginning of the school year
with that server.

Thanks

Jack Smrekar
Appleton Area School District