[THIN] overwritting default printers?

  • From: "Leuci, Chris" <cleuci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin group 2 (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:58:32 -0400

Not sure what the best solution or what you guys are doing. We have generic
accounts that log into multiple PC's here in the organazation. These PC's
have local printers created on an LPR port and we are using printer
autocreation with XPe. When our published application is launched, it passes
through this generic login account(which is used on multiple PC's) The last
person who launches the published app, all the other default printers that
have been autocreated are overwritten to the last launched PC's default
printer.
What's the best way to get around this besides creating a unique account for
every PC or going to network printing?
This week's sponsor - Emergent Online
From centralized application management, business continuity, outsourcing, to
http://www.go-eol.com/index.asp