[THIN] office autorecover solution?

  • From: "Roger Riggins" <roger.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:10:01 -0500

Our Citrix environment has an idle timeout set for 60 minutes, and a
disconnect timeout of 10 minutes. Users that aren't saving their work
are losing open documents. It's obviously their fault, but seems to
happen a lot.

My problem is that autorecover works if an Office app crashes (or
terminated when I test), but if the session is reset the autorecover
file is deleted. I found this on MS's site:

When AutoRecover Files Are Deleted

To keep from filling up your AutoRecover location with nonessential
files, AutoRecover files are automatically deleted in the following
situations:
*           The file is manually saved.
*           The file is saved with a new file name by using Save As.
*           You close the file.
*           You quit Excel, whether you choose to save the file or not.
*           You turn off AutoRecover for the current workbook.
*           You turn off AutoRecover.

Does anybody have a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Roger Riggins
Network Administrator
CCA, CCNA, MCSE