[THIN] autocreated default printer will not stay set

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:55:00 -0400

I am having a problem with my autocreated default printers not staying
set. I am using Windows 2000 SP4, FR3, and terminal services roaming
profiles. I have found the following:

1) Printers mapped in the logon script can be set as default printer and
remain set without issues ("connect client printers at logon"=off,
"default to main client printer"=off).

2) If the user has autocreated printers and is set to "default to main
client printer" all works as expected ("connect client printers at
logon"=on, "default to main client printer"=on).

3) If the user is set to autocreate printers and manually sets the
default printer, when they log back on the default printer has reverted
back to the original default printer ("connect client printers at
logon"=on, "default to main client printer"=off).

Has anyone else had issues with autocreated printers not retaining the
default printer settings? I checked and even the administrator is who is
not a roaming user has this problem. Am I missing something, is there a
hotfix, or is it just Monday.

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA

Network Administrator