[THIN] appv on pvs 71 filling d drive?

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:19:42 +1000

HI All,
Anyone using appv 5 in citrix pvs 7.1?
we recently did a vdisk update and the appv service (i think) is now crashing
and rilling the pvs cache to ram file on the d drive of each PVS client.

Came in this morning and found 6 xxa6.5 hosts all dead as their d drivrs had
800k free!

Appv cache goes to c::\ programdata\appv

Using pvs ram cache with overflow to disk (d:)

A gpo script runs at startup to sync with the management server and start
cachine all appv apps (takes 15 minutes or so)

I didnt want the apps baked into pvs image and its been working well now the
lay vdik upgrade (IE11)

Cheers and happy holidays to those that get em!

Scanjam